Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Monday, March 1, 2010

Who Are They Kidding?

I just got back from Subway. I love to eat at Subway, but I hate smelling like it for the rest of my life after leaving the restaurant. That's not what I'm here to discuss though, my topic is this: Subway has a new promotion called Footlong Nation Appreciation. Remember, I love Subway, and I like their promotions. When they had the Scrabble game I ate there every day for lunch so I could get the game pieces. I didn't win any of the high ticket items, but I did get a considerable amount of free sandwich and cookie coupons. I didn't eat there every day just for the game pieces, I usually ate there anyway, I worked just up the street and there weren't any better options based on value and taste. Back to the current promotion, Footlong Nation Appreciation. There was a sign at the restaurant explaining the prizes. One of the prizes is a year's worth of free footlong sandwiches. I'm all about that. In the smaller print it says "$260 Subway Card." $260? That will get you a year's worth of sandwiches? Not me, buddy. That fall when they were running the Scrabble game and I was eating there every day of the week, I racked up over 500 points on my Subway card, that means I spent over $500. That was from August through December. So $260 for a year's worth of footlong subs, I don't think so. I thought all of this through while I was in line ordering my sandwich. I had plenty of time to think as my sandwich was being toasted. The fellow asked "would you like this toasted?" and I replied, "no thank you." Naturally, he toasted it. It's just a sandwich, if he wanted to toast it anyway, I'm ok with that, he is the sandwich artist, after all. When it came time to pay, do you think I ordered the large soda so I could get the promotional code to see if I won? Of course I did. I didn't want the soda, but I wanted the chance, the one in a billion or something chance, to win a $260 Subway card for a "year's" worth of sandwiches. Did I win? I don't know yet. It has been several minutes and Subway's website is still loading all of their crazy animations. Hang on...it takes a while to redeem a code...still working on it, I registered, and then they offered me free dekstop wall paper or the official $5 footlong song mp3...Well! The code gets you The Price is Right! type games to play, I'm going to go with Plinko. What do you know! The token rolled right into the "try again" cup, rolled right into it, it defied the laws of physics. Amazing. I tried the crane game also, "try again." Maybe next time.

The other thing that I was thinking today is how tired I am of the word random. Think about it. Pay attention to your social networking web sites and favorite television programs. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment