Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ajax: Take Him or Leave Him

My self-introduction, more personal and informal/formal than my blog introduction, this is my follow up to Muffin Man's introduction, and explains a bit more about our purpose here with this blog. I give you Ajax:

I grew up on the mean streets of Kendall Park, NJ. There wasn't any criminal activity that I remember seeing, but one time some older kids walking behind me after school commented on my socks being too long for wearing with shorts. I was young, I didn't know how to respond. This experience hardened me. I was never the same after that incident. I didn't know how to wear clothes as to be "in style" and I didn't know I should care. At that moment I vowed something, it's been a while, so I don't remember what exactly. You know what, it's not important, nevermind.

My name is Ajax. I am a revolutionary. I have never started nor participated in any revolutions though, not real ones anyway, nothing you've heard of. I am a fan of thought expansion. This is the only real evolution that I believe in for humans: thought expansion, evolution of mind. I'm not profound, though I wish I were. Mostly, I like to say things, usually for the sake of provoking laughter. I am a conversational comedian. A conversational comedian is one that doesn't prepare a routine, life is his routine. Conversation happens constantly throughout the day with many different players, in many different venues and with many different topics. A conversational comedian uses the current setting and discussion as fodder for funnies. I'm not trying to say that stand-up comics or sketch writers have it easy or hard, this is just how my brother defined our sense of humor, and I like it.

My affiliation with Muffin Man began several years ago. He is the ketchup to my mustard and sneeze to my pepper. When I speak illogically, he gets it. When he speaks illogically, I laugh and tell him I have no idea what he's driving at. We are currently both in college. We want to help people think and laugh more. If we can do that through messages and cartoons on a blog that half a dozen people will read then we will do it. Maybe we can't change the world for everybody, but maybe we can entertain seven people for a few minutes on a Saturday afternoon when they are trying to avoid doing homework or laundry. Or maybe they have slept in that morning and are just rolling out of bed. The thought of making french toast and watching old westerns on TV seem very appealing, but then they realize they don't have any cinnamon. You can't make french toast without cinnamon. Then again... They go to the internet in search of french toast recipes that don't utilize cinnamon. Maybe there is another way to have a solid french toast experience without cinnamon, but also without just making the same old stuff minus cinnamon. There has to be a better way, if there is, the internet will have it. The person searches, and searches, finally happening upon a blog. They begin to read, and laugh. Soon, they determine what they really want is a cheeseburger, so they get dressed and go out in search of a cheeseburger. Now, I'm not saying this is bound to happen because of this blog, it's just one possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment