Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nutrition for All!

I love to eat, but I hate to grocery shop and prepare food. I love restaurants. If I had sufficient funds, I would never buy real groceries. I'd buy all those freezer/microwave deals and lots of cookies, maybe some real fruit, but not meal ingredients. Give me I.H.O.P. for breakfast, Subway for lunch and Chili's for dinner - sometimes Texas Roadhouse. I think I could make those rounds every day and be happy. As it stands, I'm throwing things together out of convenience and based on taste. This afternoon, for example, I arrive home and don't feel like preparing food, so drop a pair of brown sugar Pop-Tarts into the toaster and wash a golden delicious apple, dinner! Yesterday I ate a salad (lettuce, carrots, green peppers, tomato, cucumber, cool ranch Doritos [crushed], cubed ham, shredded cheese and ranch dressing). That was all, unless you count Cadbury Cream Eggs, I had a few of those. Friday I ate one of my specialties, rice with cream of chicken soup, canned chicken, black olives, peas, pineapple and hot sauce. This is my standby. I'll make up a bunch of that and eat it for a week. But that's all I ate that day, along with an apple fritter I picked up on campus on my way to class, but that was all. Somehow, I remain alive and feel pretty good most of the time. It really is amazing what our bodies can survive on...

The rest of this post can be found in the Ajax's Whimsical Revolution ebook for Amazon's Kindle. The book is a compilation of my favorite posts, 78 to be exact, of which this is one. If you don't have a Kindle e-reader you can download the free Amazon Kindle app for PC or Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment