Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Monday, March 22, 2010

Another Week Away, My Greatest Fear

"I Will Play My Game Beneath the Spin Light" Brand New.

Check out the song, I certainly enjoy it. It is from their album Deja Entendu, which is similar to deja vu, which means, already seen. Any guesses on what entendu means? It is French. I have a French professor and I asked him, he told me, even though I mispronounced entendu. He's a smart fellow.
Today is March 22nd, and the last day of this semester is April 9th. It is down to the wire and I have a few papers to write and then several tests to take. I'm not overly motivated to do the papers, but I'm not especially underly motivated either. I'll get them done. I always do.
The next line in that Brand New song from the title of this post is "I need the smell of summer, I need it's noises in my ears." I just opened my window and it smells like it might rain; it is also very windy today, which will increase the chill factor considerably. It has been very mild this winter, as a whole, we had an early sub zero spell in December, but since then it has been acceptable. I'm ready for summer though.
I don't think I've had anything happen over the weekend that was worth discussing. Except for one thing that I don't want to discuss. How do you like that? I say there's nothing and then I squeak that line in about something. Something that must be really good if I don't want to discuss it. Now maybe you are thinking you'd really like to know, and I'm just trying to build up suspense before telling you. Sorry, I won't be saying. We talked about this kind of thing in my personality class. You ask someone how they are and they get all mopey and sigh and say "I'm fine...I guess" and then they sigh again. What's the expected response from you? It "should" be that you ask them what's wrong, and use your sympathy voice and the inner part of your eyebrows raise. That's what society teaches us. It teaches us how to respond when someone is manipulating us for sympathy. I'm not saying every time someone acts like that it is out of manipulation, but sometimes you can tell. If they are your friend and they want to talk they'll probably go about it in a less manipulative way. The people I'm talking about here are the ones that you don't really know, not more than an acquaintance, maybe you met them on campus one time at the vending machine or waiting in line at the testing center and then you see them again and you barely remember their name, if you even caught their name that first time and they give you one of those "I'm fine...I guess" deals and really all you were doing was being polite when you said (not asked, just said) "hey, what's up?" So then you are thinking 'I don't even know your name, I don't want to get involved with your drama, you aren't supposed to say anything other than 'what's up?' back to me, this isn't how its supposed to be!' Maybe that's just me though. Anyway, it might seem like I was trying to set you up for one of those, but I'm really not going to tell the one thing that would be worth writing about that happened this weekend. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment