Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Friday, August 13, 2010

100th Post

It has taken roughly 6 months, but I have posted 100 times on this blog. I don't know why that even matters. Why are we so interested in milestones and accomplishments? Are we all so insecure that we need to hang accomplishments on our wall to act as our defense? Kings used to build castle walls around their subjects. Why did they have subjects? So they didn't have to work. They kept their subjects safe to maintain that lifestyle. When subjects didn't subject well enough, they were thrown outside the walls, outcasts. They were outside the protection of the law, which ruled inside of the castle walls. The outlaws lived up to their name and acted outside of the law; stealing and murdering to survive. I don't know what that has to do with anything. I suppose my keeping track of how many blog posts I've done and thinking there is something special about having completed 100 of them is akin to building a castle wall. If someone attacks me I can say "I have 100 posts on my blog." I can also use this milestone to separate myself from the outlaws, those that don't have 100 blog posts. I can just shut them out. Except for some, who I can bring in under the protection of my blogging accomplishment. They can be my subjects. Keeping stats serves no purpose other than to separate and subjugate. Now I feel bad for mentioning the 100 posts. Today is Friday the 13th, that means it is time to make some resolutions. Let's all make the resolution to stop vaunting our accomplishments. I want some cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment