Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Friday, September 10, 2010

Yellow Watermelon!?

Apparently they make yellow watermelon. And my mom grew it in the garden. Then I ate it and it tasted like regular watermelon, meaning the reddish type you buy in the store. What a life changing event. Along with this watermelon experience I went to MusiciansFriend.com to buy a set of acoustic guitar strings and ended up with a new guitar. You see, they are giving away a free acoustic guitar (MSRP of $159.99) with the purchase of 8 sets of strings. Now, 8 sets of strings don't come cheap, we are talking $110. I don't have a job, so dropping that much money on strings would be ridiculous, that is, unless I got a free guitar with it. Which I did. And I've got it all figured out, Kramer-style. I'll sell my current guitar which I hope I can get around $300 for. The free guitar isn't quite the same level of quality as the one I have now, but it will serve the purpose for which I want it. This means that in the end I will end up with a perfectly functional acoustic guitar and 8 sets of bronze coated D'Adario .11 gauge acoustic strings and just under $200 cash. All of that in place of my current acoustic guitar with 5 old strings and one empty string spot (the high e just snapped today). As long as I'm doing my figurin' correctly, I'm making out like a viking in a neighborhood of sissy-boy gold refiners. If that's even a thing.
Finally, two words (names, actually): Seinfeld, Banya.

No comments:

Post a Comment