Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Friday, September 24, 2010

Why me?

I just learned that if I type a title and hit 'enter' then the blog is posted.
Why me? is something I was thinking about earlier. We probably all ask it at some time. Whether to parents or a boss, or God. There are two ways to ask it, simple and selfish. If a boss asks me to do a task, I might ask "why me?" thinking that I am not qualified or whatever for the task, this is asking it simply. If I ask in a whiny way then I am being selfish. It is either because I think I am above the task or I'm lazy, in a bad way (yes, there is good laziness, listen to "Lazy Day Afternoon" by The Plain White T's, well, maybe there is no good laziness, but it's a good song). So we can ask "why me?" in different ways. Obviously we don't want to ask it with a sense of pride. That's all. My thoughts ran out on this one. I need to get a voice recorder and carry it around. Sometimes I'll think of a topic and start writing it in my mind. By the time I get to the computer I've lost some or all of it. Such is the case this time. Let's see if I can salvage the topic.
I suppose the point I wanted to make was that often when we have an experience and we ask why, it is because we are shortsighted or selfish. We either don't understand how the experience will work for our good, or we don't want to get our hands dirty. I have no closing thoughts or moral to sum up. I guess one last thought is that if we find ourselves asking "why me?" to someone we trust, maybe we should just trust that they know better than us and follow their recommendations. And for those of you who might be a bit more on the pessimistic side, there are of course people who will be asking you to do something out of their own selfishness, in which case you might ask "why me?" Can't really do anything about that I suppose. I've got nothing on this thinking thing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment