Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Saturday, September 18, 2010

No Animals Were Harmed in the Typing of This Blog

Have you ever seen at the end of a movie that some animals were harmed during the filming of a movie? I was just wondering. They always have that note to appease the animal society people, but I wonder if they can make that claim honestly. There are a lot of movies with animals in them. I know people sometimes get hurt during the filming of a movie (I wonder why there is never any notes about that at the end of a movie, is human safety not worth as much as animals? Probably has something to do with informed consent, I'll allow that). Animals must get hurt in the filming of these movies and then they still make that claim. Who is checking up on these people? Is it possible that during the filming of Free Willy there was a catastrophic accident and the whale died and then they found a new whale and passed it off as the same one? I wouldn't know. A lot of animals look the same (within their species I mean). I wouldn't know if they started with one dog and then finished with another one. No one would know. It's almost like the movie people are trying to exercise Jedi mind influence on us. The sad thing is that it is working...

The rest of this post can be found in the Ajax's Whimsical Revolution ebook for Amazon's Kindle. The book is a compilation of my favorite posts, 78 to be exact, of which this is one. If you don't have a Kindle e-reader you can download the free Amazon Kindle app for PC or Mac.

2 comments:

  1. I think that animals often get hurt. I know that when they are filming and it's bug-y out, they are hitting those pesky bugs. AND I simply don't believe that no one has ever run over a squirrel or raccoon during filming. Really, it just has to a Jedi mind trip- and in the end, they are sure eating a lot of animals in those movies. I guess those animals were harmed before they were eaten, but still they were eaten in the end....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bingo. You figured it out. They are eating animals, I guess they can excuse that by saying that they aren't suffering during the filming, but if they are eaten for the purpose of supporting filming then I think we can safely declare that they were injured during the filming of the movie. Bam. Take that movie people! Nice work Meredith.

    ReplyDelete