Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Monday, September 13, 2010

Thinking

Now, I’m not a scientist, but I have a theory. You see, sometimes when I’m lying in bed at night, I’ll be thinking about something, but then I’ll roll over and by the time the shift is made I’ll have forgotten what I was thinking about. Let me show you an example…





[the audio on the video is weak, here is what I said, er, thought] today was long. I don’t want to do that thing I have to do tomorrow, oh well, I guess there’s no way around it…so about that, well, I don’t know what I was thinking, but I could go for some popcorn shrimp right now. What a perfect form of shrimp; near equal parts fried stuff and shrimp. Dip it in a little cocktail sauce, or tartar sauce, even better! But what an unfortunate name for it, tartar? Toothpaste commercials with their computer animations have ruined tartar sauce for me…

Right, well, here’s my theory, when you are lying on one side the blood pools in your brain on the one side increasing activity, then when you roll over and shift the pooling begins on the other side, rushing activity away from the neurons your previous thought process was involving. You then have the sensation of forgetting what you were thinking about, but it is probably only a stronger signal from new neurons that overpower the other. Like a head rush when you stand up too quickly, you feel light headed, like you are going to pass out. I’d explain my supposed scientific connection between these two ideas, but I don’t have one. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment