Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Monday, September 13, 2010

And Another Thing

Have you ever noticed how close these two statements sound, "coming!" and "come in!"?
These are two things that people yell when there is a knock on the door. Two very different messages being delivered, but two very similar sounding phrases. If I yell "come in!" and the person hears "coming!" then the person will stand outside the door waiting and I will sit in my chair waiting. Eventually the person knocks again and I yell again and then it just gets uncomfortable and socially awkward. But, if I yell "coming!" and they hear "come in!" it is so much worse. Have you ever had that one happen? You are in your apartment and the knock at the door and you yell "coming!" and then the door opens and some boppo's head is poking in your door. I don't know what a boppo is, but I don't want him coming in my house when I'm not prepared for him. My advice is to always keep your door locked and not to yell commands to people who knock. Seriously, why would you yell for someone to let themselves into your house when you don't know who is out there? So keep the door locked and approach visitors with caution. But you don't have to take my word for it. It's your life, do what you want with it. Just like J.G. Wentworth suggests you do with your money. And Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment