Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Monetization of The Whimsical Revolution

Well, I did it. I clicked "monetize" on the blogger dashboard. I figured that in an economic setting such as the one we are currently in every penny counts. I might be in violation of the terms of agreement for Google AdSense by even mentioning this. They have a lot of rules; such as, "don't run with scissors," "get your haircut! you look like a hippie," and others. One of the main rules is to not cheat the system by asking or encouraging people to click on the ad links. So I do not encourage or discourage any clicking of links you might see on this blog, unless it is your personal desire to do so. I know that if I click on a link from my computer then Google comes to my house and has a "talk" with me. I think that was somewhere in the legal paragraph number "XIV. Do As We Say...or Else." It's all good though. The 35 or so cents I can get yearly from this program far outweighs the rules, restrictions and displeasing appearance of adds on the blog page. That's not true. I would love to get paid to write, and this is the first step to, what do they call it? Oh, right, selling out. I'd love to sell out. I can't think of anything better than to get paid to do what you like. As long as what you like isn't unsavory. To rephrase, I can't think of anything better than to get paid to do your favorite savory activities. Except for church and faith based activities. Those shouldn't be paid. And if your favorite savory thing to do is volunteer work, then you probably ought not get paid for that either, because then it would just be a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment