Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On The Way Out

I only have a few weeks left of school. I'm not going to miss homework. I have some to do right now. 37 pages of an article about values and Christian families. More philosophical stuff. I read three pages with zero retention so I decided to pause that effort. Class isn't for another 18 hours, I'll get it done. I just looked over my current grades for the semester. I'm not up to snuff with previous semesters. I know I'll have one solid A because that class is already over, it was a block class, meaning it lasted for half of the semester. Is that common knowledge? The definition of a block class? I don't know, so I defined it. I'm pretty sure one of my other classes will be an A as long as I keep doing the assignments. My ethics grade is currently at 93%, but the mid term hasn't been factored in yet, nor has the participation grade, which is going to kill me. 20% of the grade is based on participation, but some days I just don't have anything to contribute, and other days I raise my hand several times and don't get called on. If I can pull off a B- for the semester I'll be perfectly content. Yes, perfectly. My abnormal psychology and cognitive psychology class grades continue to drop with every exam. I'm at 87% and 85% with those classes, respectively, as of now, so a couple of B's will be fine with me. I have a 91% currently in my remaining class, but that's because the grade display on the web application used isn't set for assignment weight correctly. I'll have a solid A in that class when the points are all adjusted appropriately.
I can't think of anything worthwhile to type about today. I'm just killing time for another hour until the Mets game is on. They are playing the Tigers tonight. Last night was the first of the three game series. Mets won, 14-6. I like to watch the blowout games like that. Everyone is getting hits and scoring runs. It makes it more enjoyable. Of course, I also like to see the pitchers get wins, and John Niese was taken out of the game before he qualified for the win, but in the situation it had to be done to maintain the lead. He did let up 6 runs after all. Had they not had 11 of their own at that point, he probably wouldn't have made it that far.
I thought of something to say. I wanted some juice or something other than water to drink a few days ago, so I wondered if I could just let some herbal tea cool down and pretend it was juice. I finally got around to doing that today. There was actually a set of directions for preparing iced tea on the box. Cue reference to Brian Regan's surprise over the directions for toasting Pop-Tarts. I assumed iced tea would be prepared as follows: 1. Put tea in refrigerator 2. Drink it later when it is cooled. That is pretty much what the directions say to do. I wonder why those kind of things are necessary to have printed on product boxes. It seems intuitive enough, but perhaps it isn't. What it comes down to is this, the tea is better hot than cold. It is not a valid substitute for juice, not by any stretch of the imagination.
Did I mention there are only a few weeks of school left? One month from today, in fact, will be the last day of the semester, and I will be on my way out, back to where the sun rises from.

No comments:

Post a Comment