Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mulderization

Have I mentioned yet that my new goal is to watch every episode of the X-Files by the end of the semester, July 23? Well, that is my goal. I think it is a valiant goal for a final college semester. As I progress in the accomplishment of this goal, as you might imagine, I am picking up the lingo of the X-Files and the mindset of a skeptical FBI agent mixed with one who just wants to believe. With this deluge of Mulder and Scully in my life, I find myself wanting to believe also. Only not in UFO's and extra terrestrials. In other things. Things I won't be descriptive about, because it is fun to create suspense. I will tell you that one of these things led to the coining of this term while I discussed a matter with Muffin Man, the term is Mulderization. The definition is as follows: Mulderization - (subjunctive) skewing the facts in your life (not the facts of your life, that's a TV show) to meet your hopes because you want to believe in something so badly. [other forms: Mulderize, Mulderized, to Mulder]
I admire Fox Mulder as a calm operator, but one who can get riled up when necessary. He always has a witty observation or retort. I wanted to type response, but that seemed too bland, so I used retort. I'm falling into the trap of writing beyond my speaking. Whatever that means. Mulder has some great lines, and though he is only make-believe, he is my current hero. Not really. I just felt like I needed to type some more words to make this post worthwhile. In "the biz" we call that filler. Whoever "we" is. I suppose that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment