Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Friday, May 21, 2010

Fortunes Are Best When They Come From Cookies

We were having a group present information on the Shinto religion and some of their holidays. As part of the presentation, we were all given a folded paper with a list of "fortunes." At the top of mine, it says "Fairly Good." It then lists different topics with a comment under each one. Here is my fairly good fortune:
Wish
Respect others, and it will soon be realized.
Expected visitor
No problem. He (she) will come very soon.
Business
All right.
Study
Work hard, or you will fail.
Love
Do not hesitate. Be positive.
Travel
Any direction will do.
OK. I don't really have any issue with any of these except Study. I don't want to work hard. I refuse to; I also refuse to fail. I'll show this piece of paper who is boss...Me. That's right. I do like the "All right" under the Business heading. As if to say, "you have business? fine. You don't? fine." I like it. You have to love the Expected Visitor one as well. My expected visitor will arrive soon? Thanks for the update. Finally, when I read the Travel section I feel a little bit like Rodney Dangerfield - a comparison I already regret making - no respect. As if to say, "are you travelling? great, go somewhere and do something, whatever."
Work hard, or you will fail. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment