Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Saturday, February 19, 2011

eNumerate: Android App

Do you do a lot of counting or tallying? Is tallying a word? It doesn't sit right with me. Just go with counting, do you do a lot of counting? Well if you do, and you have an Android phone, then you ought to visit this web address and download the eNumerate app. I don't have an Android, so I can't do it myself, but if I had one I would download it.

I haven't seen the app in person, but I have seen it displayed via Skype. The way it works is by using the touch screen functionality of the phone to tap out a count. Every tap on the screen increases the count. Taps are accompanied by animated orbs with a plus or minus sign in the center. When counting up the orbs are green and display the plus sign (actual screen shot at left) and when it is counting down they are yellow and display a negative sign. To reset your counter, shake the phone. Vibration is also available so you can feel when the count has been registered.

I don't know all of the ways this app could be utilized, but one way is to take attendance at an event or function. Whether it is in a classroom setting, a restaurant, a sporting event or rock show, this app makes it easy to count without having to remember the number as you go along. You might think it is easy to count 200 people in a room without writing things down or using an adding device of some sort, but try it out sometime, not as easy as you might think. So download the app and use your phone. Just tap away and watch the colors appear and the tally increase. Save all those other brain resources for making clever observations about the people you are counting.
This app was created by James Nute.

No comments:

Post a Comment