Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Sandwich Fit For A Travel Channel Food Show


Check this thing out. Sandwich roll, pork with homemade BBQ sauce, sweet potato fries, and homemade coleslaw. Allow me to wax-Richman for a moment (Lou just told Chief Wiggum that the reference isn't any good if you have to explain it, so I"ll refrain from offering an explanation so that I can continue to think the reference is not lost on you).
Ajax as Adam Richman: This sandwich is what they serve to children in heaven when they get straight A's [hugs the person who prepared it, while that person smiles awkwardly and is obviously trying to determine where to look (at the camera or at the ground) as well as where to put their arms (around Richman or hanging loosely at their sides)]. First, you get the cool, crisp, crunch of the coleslaw. It's not too sweet, not too heavy on the vinegar, just right to compensate for the heat of the pork and BBQ sauce. The sweet potato fries add the right amount of sweet, as well as some crunch and salt. The starch helps this sandwich to fill you up.
That's enough of that. As I have commented before, I think those food show people are nuts. I like to watch them, but they are nuts with the way the words they use to describe the food experience they are having. When you think about it, though, it isn't an easy job to eat a sandwich on behalf of half a million viewers and describe it in a way that we can all feel like we are eating it too. Even that doesn't change the fact that they are eating food for a living, so I will not curtail my fun-making at their expense.
The Chief Wiggum joke that Lou called him out on was calling Marge "Ma Peddle" when arresting her for selling prescription drugs. I got the joke and I laughed, and then Lou asks "Ma Peddle?" and Wiggum says "Yeah, it's a reference to the popular 1940's movie character Ma Kettle" [Paraphrased]. And that's when Lou says it doesn't count if you have to explain it. Don't worry Wiggum, I understood, and I thought it was a great play on names for the arrest. If you are unfamiliar with Ma Kettle, do yourself a favor and look up a movie called The Egg and I (1947). It features the debut of Ma and Pa Kettle and their rambunctious brood. Is is a great movie, Claudette Colbert and Fred MacMurray star as a city couple making the transition to living in the mountain-country. They don't make movies like they used to, and I for one am saddened by that.
A sandwich to The Simpsons to The Egg and I...yeah, that's about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment