Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fun With Microsoft Paint

A long time ago, maybe a year or more, I decided to become an animator (the drawing kind, not the spooky type that tries to revive life, or is that a re-animator?). I don't have any fancy software, knowledge or ability, but I have patience with long and boring tasks. I understand the concept of animation, as I have had some stickman flipbook cartoon drawing experience in my past. During middle school, Chris and I were avid drawlers (the l in that is not a typo) of stickmans (the pluralization of the individual term also not a typo), this was specifically true in Reading with Mrs. Santowasso and English with Ms. Cianci. Anyhow, those cartoons we made back then were on the edges of the paperback novels we were reading in the classes. It was my first experience with cartooning, and taught me that apparent motion was possible with still pictures. Years later, and now years ago, I'd learn more completely about apparent motion and how the visual system works with turning still images into moving ones. I'm so wordy, all I wanted to say was that I made a cartoon using Microsoft Paint to draw the frames and then Windows Movie Maker to put them into a slideshow and create motion.
I can't find my first cartoon, so I can't post that, but I have my second cartoon:
(music: The Gang's All Here by the Dropkick Murphy's)


No comments:

Post a Comment