Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Come On, Shoes!

I have spent the majority of the last 8 hours sitting at this table. I'd say dining room table, but I don't know that this area of the house where we have the table we dine on can really be classified as a room. It's more of a "way" than a "room." Perhaps a "space." I've been sitting at the dining space table all day. What have I been doing? Retying my shoes. Seriously, I've retied each shoe twice while sitting here. I can't even begin to understand how a shoe unties itself while on a foot that is just hanging around under a table while the owner of that foot types on a computer. If it was one retie I wouldn't give it any thought. Even if it was two reties on one shoe I might just dismiss it as an anomaly specific to the shoe, but two reties on each shoe? That's unreal. Especially since I always double-knot my shoes and I never have to retie my shoes while I'm out and about. But, an epiphany, the running round that would logically seem more likely to disengage a shoelace knot probably enacts forces on the laces which secure the knot, rather than loosen it. Those forces are not being applied in the same way as my feet rest restlessly under the table. Or maybe the dog keeps sneaking over and untying my sneakers.

One other thing, last night I was thinking about how people always complain about being at the end of their rope. I don't know why they complain, I was at the end of my rope and I found a kickin' tire swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment