Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Looking to the Future

If I ever have my own dog, I'm going to name him Magellan. Not because I am a fan of GPS navigation devices, because I'm not. Nor is it from my interest in the space program and radar mapping excursions to Venus, because I'm not a fan of that either. It surely isn't because of the Portuguese explorer of the same name; I have nothing against the man, or against the accomplishments attributed to him of which I am aware (it is possible that he has accomplishments of which I am unaware that I would find unsettling), I'm just not naming my dog after him. I will name my future dog (one I have in the future, not some special robo-canine that is from the future) Magellan because that way when he does his sniff everything in sight routine, as all dogs do, I can ask "watcha smellin' Magellan?"

No comments:

Post a Comment