Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Monday, August 2, 2010

I Posted This One Without a Title

I was thinking about that old children's show Romper Room. I don't know if that's what it was called or not, but I think it was. I could check IMDB or some other Internet page, but I don't want to. The accuracy of the program title will add nothing to the story. In reality, it would add everything to the story, but only if I currently have the title wrong, which I don't think I do, so I will continue. I was thinking about the show and how the host would look into her mirror or something and say that she saw the audience. She would then rattle off names as though she were extending a personal welcome to each child watching from home. I don't recall actually thinking that she saw me or knew me personally if she happened to say my name, but I imagine a 4-year-0ld would think that. What a clever ploy. The kids felt involved and thought they had a friend. It was like the first social networking site, only fake ("faker"). Anyway, I was just thinking about the good old days, when you thought the people in the TV knew you were there. (Now they just know your money is there.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was Romper Room, as I recall, and Mom said it was one of my favorite shows. Nice observation about the mirror bit and social networking.

    ReplyDelete