Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Friday, August 20, 2010

So Much to Say and So Much Space Wherein to Say It

First of all, the most recent thing I pondered. I was eating a fudgcicle, or fudgecicle, or fudgicle (yeah, three options). I was also holding some outgoing mail. I thought about how if the item I was eating began to melt, I wouldn't want it to get on the envelope because it was already stamped. I didn't want to lose the stamp, but I wasn't concerned about the envelope. Why is the stamp so cherished but the envelope isn't? The envelope costs money; the stamp costs money. Granted, the envelope isn't 44 cents, but it still costs something. Why am I so quick to write that off but want to protect the stamp? Perhaps because the stamp has the price tag still on it. Well, not the ones I have now, they say "Forever." Stamps used to have the price on them, perhaps there are stamps that still do. The Post Office should stop being tacky and take the price tag off of all of their stamps. Or maybe the envelope companies should start printing the price of an individual envelope on the paper. Maybe it doesn't matter.
One of the envelopes contained a letter to my good friend who starts Army Ranger school in a few days. Get some. The other letter was a contribution form for the United Way. They sent me a letter today to request a donation. I've heard the United Way has a highly paid CEO. When I say highly I mean it makes a doctor's salary look like minimum wage. I don't think that is right. The head of a "non-profit" charity organization shouldn't be making that much money. That's just my opinion. But I like to share it, so I wrote a message about it on the donation slip and am sending it in. Petty? Perhaps. Useless and immature? You know that's right. But I'm going to do it.
Quiznos has a commercial with three cats. Three cats singing with horribly laryngitis sounding voices. The commercial kills me. I loathe it.
I went on a little hike with some friends today. We were hanging around afterwards and I was complaining about college, as I frequently do these days. I said that the only thing I got out of it was frustration and animosity. My friend then said, ignoring me and referring to an earlier story she had been telling before I went on my tangent, "Those are the only two things you need." It was impeccable timing. The others of us looked at each other, not realizing that the statement wasn't in reference to what I said. We laughed and agreed that frustration and animosity were all anyone really needed. Well, it was funny to us in the moment.
Every week Apple pops up an installing tool on my computer. I'm ok with updates to iTunes. I use that program. It also wants to update Safari. I have that installed, but I don't use it. The MobileMe Control Panel is the one I don't accept. I don't know what it is, nor do I want to. But thanks to that movie Despicable Me, which I haven't seen, I think MobileMe is like that movie, which I also don't know anything about. So what? That's what I'd like to know.
Shawn's dad is on Seinfeld. Corbin Bernsen. This episode is from 16 years ago. He looks young...er than he does today, on Psych. Wonderful.
I've had a hankering for some donuts all day. Dunkin' Donuts. That's what I want. But I didn't want to go to the Dunkin' Donuts place. The parking and location's are inconvenient around here. the kind I want is the powdered type with a frosting type filling and a blob, a tuft, of it coming out the side. It looks like a diamond ring. Think about it. I want one of those donuts. I also developed a desire for jalapeno poppers. Maybe I should head out to get a donut and a jalapeno popper, perhaps more than one of each, but more-so the latter.
I probably had more ideas to express here, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment