Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Billy Joel

Billy Joel is my favorite musician. I am listening to him right now. I've spent all morning working in the yard, as is my favorite thing to do lately, and I will be going to a movie with friends tonight. In meeting my goal of writing here everyday I am going to say that I like Billy Joel and call it good. I don't have anything pressing on my mind to write about, and I probably won't have anything to say later so I'm just doing this. You can call if filler if you want. You can say I've lost my touch and I'm selling out to the blogging world or something. I don't know why, that doesn't make any sense, but you could say it. If you wanted to, that is. But before you start getting down on me for writing filler posts, I just want you to think about one thing, the appendix. Talk about filler! We've got filler in our own bodies. If you can take out an appendix and a person can live a full life then it must be filler. Granted, I'd like to keep all of the parts of me that I came with for as long as I can, and there probably was a purpose for it before we learned to filter water or something, but for now the appendix is just filler. So this post is the appendix of my blog's body. Take it or leave it. It is a healthy one as I am not intending to say anything inflammatory. Suffice it to say, I like Billy Joel. Some of my favorite songs of his are (in no particular order): Vienna, Honesty, I Go to Extremes, My Life and his cover of Bob Dylan's To Make You Feel My Love. Those are some of my favorites, but you'd be hard pressed to find one of his songs that I don't like. There are some that I wouldn't put on my regular rotation, such as River of Dreams, that one just doesn't do it for me, but I still like it. Anyway, that's all I want to say today.

No comments:

Post a Comment