Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Monday, January 24, 2011

Today Was Cold

When I got to work this morning the temperature was -19F. We could have increased the temperature by 50 degrees and water would still freeze. That's messed up. I have never heard a vehicle make the sounds, or felt a vehicle move, like my truck did this morning. Everything was frozen. There was more ice on the inside of my windshield than on the outside. I looked up the temperature in Hawaii where Muffin Man lives, it was a 92 degree difference. At lunchtime I couldn't bring myself to walk outside, though Subway is only a block or two away. Why anyone ever thought it was a good idea to live in climates like this I will never understand. But I'm not complaining.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, for the most part we have had a good winter. Some times its cold but not nearly that cold. Small snow storms seem to shut things down as well. Good luck with the coldness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it hasn't been terrible. other than monday of this week we've been above zero. it's still nothing like december 09 in rexburg. that was cold.

    ReplyDelete