Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Beware the Redenbacher

I just finished eating a bag of Orville Redenbacher's gourmet microwave popcorn, and it was gross. As far as tasting like popcorn, it did, but it also coated the inside of my mouth and my lips with some strange waxy feeling film. I'm assuming it is something to do with synthetic butter substitute or something. Perhaps whatever is added to the popcorn to make it gourmet (because it couldn't possibly be that they just used that word to trick simple minded trend followers into paying more for the same product with out the name, no sir) is what is making it leave this strange feeling in the mouth. Whatever the reason for it, I am not pleased. When you get right down to it, nothing beats popcorn from a hot air popper, drenched with real butter melted to liquid, and sprinkled with salt. I love microwaves, but there are some foods that should never be put into them, such as cucumbers, ice cream and Cheetos cheese puffs (trust me).

No comments:

Post a Comment