Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Insert Crafty Title Here

There are two temps in the office I work at. I am one of them. Today was spent shifting a stack of papers back and forth between us. A lot of information needed to be added to member accounts, and that information was on the papers. I spent the last two days entering information, but it was more than I wanted to do. So I shared with Tina. For some reason we kept passing off portions of the pile. At the end of the day I was in a meeting and Tina left. When I got back to the area where I work there were two piles of paper, one with a hear-shaped sticky note that said they were done, the other with the same type sticky note saying they needed to be entered still. None of this is the point of my story, just background information.
When I saw the heart-shaped sticky notes I laughed. Then I began entering more information. As I sat typing I started thinking about something. I suppose it was related to the shape of the sticky note, I don't know what else would have triggered it. Anyway, I thought about how in the 1950's era (whatever that means, I wasn't alive) having a secret admirer was the kind of thing that made a group of girls gather and say "awwww!" It was a sweet thing. Sweet and exciting. But things have changed. Nowadays what used to be a secret admirer, sweet and exciting, is referred to as stalking. If a stalker is supposed, groups of girls gather to scream "Ahhhhh!" It is a scary thing. Creepy, scary and illegal.
That's all I've got. I'm not a stand-up comedian. My dog just licked the TV screen though. That's weird.

3 comments:

  1. I do not know what to note except this: I tried to enter a cleaver title, but once I clicked on the title, it, whatever it is, took me to the same blog entry. Hey, remember when you noted that you were confused about my blog where I accidentally wrote "save" instead of "shave." Yeah, you remember. Upon further reflection, the verb "save" may have been the correct verb because, in essence (and life is about the essence of things), my blog was about saving your hair. Eh? Also, you got a job. Gnarly. Gnarly and radical. I may just venture to say, "Awesome." Perhaps not, I must ponder it some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the idea of you attempting to insert a title. I suppose "gotcha!" would be appropriate to say had I intended it to be a clever joke. That wasn't my intention. Also, don't be too excited about the job, it is temporary and at the old office where I was paid decently, pre-recession, to do work that a monkey could do. If you thought I was doing monkey work before, I won't tell you what I am doing now, but I'll leave it at this, a less tech-savvy primate could do the job. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well, a job is a job. I guess I will not venture to say, "Awesome." Perhaps soon though.

    ReplyDelete