Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tony Danza: He's Still Got It!

I just woke up. Prior to waking up I had been dreaming. In this dream I was watching Tony Danza do a stand-up comedy routine, so-called because he was standing up while he delivered the routine. Here's what he said:

Do you want to know why the world ends? I'll tell you. Human one-upmanship escalation. No, really, it's no joke. You know how you have a group of people talking and one person has done this or that and there is a constant attempt to top whatever the last person said? One-upmanship. Well, one day there will be someone in this group and they are going to come up with the ultimate topper, they'll say, "Yeah, well my day was so bad, I woke up and everyone else was dead!"

That was the joke that Tony Danza said in my dream. It seemed pretty brilliant, not so much funny, but brilliant, while I was asleep. Then I was awake and remembered it, and realized this is why Who's the Boss? was cancelled. Zing! It was a dream, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment