Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Does Fiction Have to Be Fake?

I decided to write a bit of "fiction" for Helium.com.end of sentence. Think about that a bit, I think you'll figure out what I'm going for. I've been writing articles and stuff for Helium.com for almost two months now. I enjoy the whole operation they have going on over there. I'm writing, which I love, and earning money, which I hate, but see as a vital necessity of life these days. I'm not earning a sustainable income, but it is just nice to get something. So far I have mostly uploaded my songs to the creative writing channel.
Writing for Helium.com is different from writing for this blog. They want professionalism and fact for their articles. I want exploring thought and humor for my blog. As you are well aware if you are a regular reader of my posts, or if you read the first sentence of this one, that I do not follow form or rule when it comes to blog writing. I type in the manner of speaking, or more in the manner of thinking, to be accurate. Blogging allows me to think in type. Article writing on Helium.com requires me to work a bit and do more than just relate what I'm thinking about. Which I think is good for me. It helps me really think about a topic. I also sometimes do some research, so it expands my understanding of various topics. Each forum is different, but those differences help to make me a better overall writer. I hope.
Anyway, I came across the title Flash Fiction: The First Kiss while rating articles and decided to submit an entry to it myself. Much of art is just reflecting real life, so I thought I'd just share an actual experience and call it fiction. Sometimes I think that my real life isn't as interesting as the stories I see and read in movies and books are. After writing this short story, and remembering the experience, I no longer think that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment