Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Friday, September 23, 2011

Ajax Throws a Baseball

Here it is! My first attempt at animation from a few years ago. Rather than focus on school work during college, I wanted to see if I could make a cartoon. Having years of experience making stickman flip book cartoons on the edge of the pages of every book I read in middle school and high school, I understand the principles of animation (okay, not "every book," but several of them, and probably not "years of experience," but minutes, perhaps cumulative hours). I know that cartoon animation includes still images show in quick succession to provide the sensation of apparent motion.

With that knowledge I created the following cartoon by drawing images in Microsoft Paint, and then using Windows Movie Maker to make a slide show with very short durations of slides being displayed. When put together the slide show looks like a moving picture show. I tacked on a short guitar riff I once recorded to fill the void of not having other sound. With the success of this cartoon, I have plans to make further cartoons (I have made one already, and posted it on this blog. Here is a link: Fun With Microsoft Paint) with dialogue. These things take some time though, so don't expect it soon, but expect it eventually. That's all the words, enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment