Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ajax can't get enough of road signs

More road signs? Yes. Yesterday while driving home from viewing apartments I noticed the “Icing May Occur” sign. I imagined a literal interpretation of the sign, primed by the recent cake decorating Taylor and I have been doing, and saw a big hand spreading cake icing across the road and surrounding trees. This made me remember the signs I would see out west driving to and from college, “Game Crossing.” Of course we all know they are referring to animals as game, but in my literal imaginative way I pictured board games bouncing across the street in a line. I always thought that would be a humorous cartoon, but never got around to creating it. For one, I didn’t know how many people would understand the game crossing sign as being a real sign, I never knew about it until I saw it myself, just a few years ago. Secondly, I don’t draw so well. Finally, if I had the idea, someone else probably did too.


Now, years later, I did the Google search and discovered three variations of the game crossing gag idea. One was of some sport equipment walking frenziedly across the road by the sign. Another was of cartoon chess pieces crossing. The third was a split photo, one half had an actual photograph of the road sign and the other half had a picture of a stack of board games. So the gag has been done, but not in the way I had imagined it. I guess I might as well add my idea to the table…the table of the Internet…as well illustrate the icing on the roads idea as well. Maybe now I will be finished with signs for a while, but I make no guarantees. (click on the images for the full view)


I thought about enhancing them with some color after I scanned them, but didn't get around to it...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment