Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Monday, April 25, 2011

Ajax and Taylor, Sitting in a Tree...

You all know how much I love to live my life according to nursery rhymes and other types of rhymes (such as commercial jingles), so in the spirit of that, I must live up to this one:
Ajax and Taylor, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g (though we have never sat in a tree together),
first comes love (check!),
then comes marriage (this is the one we are going to discuss)...
Well, you know the rest. We have accomplished the love part of the rhyme, it is on to the "then comes marriage" part. We are getting married in July. The 19th to be exact. We are both very excited.
We both feel like there has been some divine guidance in our meeting and we are both very happy that we have conducted ourselves as we have to be full beneficiaries of that guidance. Our first date was February 26th, and the formal proposal (complete with bestowal of ring) happened on April 21st. Fast? Perhaps. A year or so ago I would have said it was fast. Four months ago I would have said "not me, boy!" But I hadn't met Taylor. It is one of those situations that you just don't know until you are there. And I am there.
I've never been so comfortable or happy with someone as I am with Taylor, and right from the start. The first night we met was in a group and I was declaring my supremacy over everyone because I was the oldest. Something I often do when this is the case. Later, I noticed a walker, not a person adept at slowly maneuvering their body, but a metal device designed to assist such a person in their transportation endeavors. I shouted to the group "Whose walker is this?" Just as I did the words "probably mine because I'm so old" came to mind. Simultaneously "probably yours because you are so old" was shouted back by Taylor. I had already taken an interest in her from the time we had been around each other that evening, but this sealed it for me. Her quick, witty retort was all I needed to hear.
I am in love with her. I am filled with gratitude and joy every time I get to be with her.

1 comment:

  1. So I'm a loser in the blog world and haven't been reading as often as before (or maybe I have a life now...who knows). Anyhow, a mutual friend of ours...we'll call him "Topher" told me I should read this post.

    All I can say is...AWESOME! You and your lady have revived my belief in chick flick romance. I'm so excited for both of you!

    ReplyDelete