Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Introduction

My name is Ajax. I'm just a person. I have a lot that I think about and a lot that I like to say, just like every other person. Sometimes I get tired of my regular routine and I just want to do something different. Today, that something different is to start a blog.

I am a university student in the United States. I have served in the United States Army and have spent some time in a volunteer service position. I have worked for a state goverment department for a few years as well. Finally, nine years after graduating from high school I decided to try college. I have both enjoyed and despised college. For one, I like to learn. I enjoy reading about things that are new or generally interesting to me. I like to try new things and problem solve. I enjoy using my creativity and rational thought processes. So what about college makes me despise it? Sometimes the social interaction, but mostly I don't like the established methods of learning that college embraces. I like learning, but I like it on my terms. Probably just like everyone. Here is the thing, I don't think I'm that much different than anyone else. I certainly don't think I'm better than most people, but I know I'm not worse than most people either. Regardless, sometimes I like college, other times I don't; sometimes because of school and sometimes the social atmosphere. For better and for worse.

I don't want to implicate people or places or groups with my musings and rants, so I'll try to keep this anonymous. The only other background necessary is to know that my school is highly conservative. This is one of the reasons I like it. My values fit in well with those of the school. Unfortunately, in my opinion, some people when in groups lose their ability to exercise common sense or to think outside of themselves. This is what I mean when I say I don't always care for the social atmosphere where I am. It is all part of my learning experience. College teaches me practical, academic skills and ideas as well as human relations. Each as vitally important for living life as the others.

My best friend encouraged me to do this blog. He is the one that benefits from my daily adventures and the stories I live - and subsequently relate to him. He either thinks my stories are entertaining enough to share, or he is sick of them and wants me to shift my pouring out of thoughts to another victim. I choose the first option. He is the one that named me Ajax, and gave me the title of being a whimsical revolutionary. He is the Muffin Man. Maybe I'll tell his story one of these days, or allow him to.

Well, getting this down is the first step. As I do have responsibilities to attend to, I must be going. Remember, I'm just a person. I have things I need to do to maintain my life from day to day. I live in a society that has certain expectations of contribution from me, in return for which I receive basic safety and security. I support the United States, with all of its failings. My revolution isn't governmental, it is personal. Individual. There are answers to our problems as a society, but we have to unite to find them, and they might not be easy, but they don't have to be harder than we make them. Things in the world are bad, but they can be worse. It starts with the individual, no governmental faction is going to rescue us from this. I don't know the answers, but I like to speculate and tell people what I think, hence this blog. If you don't like Ajax's whimsical revolution, take it up with Muffin Man, he encouraged me. You can write him a letter, his address is Muffin Man, The Moon of Earth. Seriously, he lives up there...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment