Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Alaska and poetry about it

I know nothing about Alaska aside from what I've "learned" from Discovery Channel shows such as Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, and Survivor Man. Why then would I write a poem about Alaska? Because I was trying to win a creative writing contest hosted by Helium. For those who do not know, which is probably most people, Helium is a website geared towards freelance and wannabe writers. Essentially it is a knowledge base of articles written by the guy you saw at the grocery store, the woman at the bus stop, and me. I am a Helium member, contributor, author, and so forth. The hook of the site is that you can earn money, but the real hook is that you don't earn much money and what you do earn trickles in slower than ice cream melts in, yes, you guessed it, Alaska.
The point of this post is simply to post something on this blog, which doesn't happen nearly enough of late. The content of this post is to say that I wrote the aforementioned Alaska poem several weeks ago and it is still ranked 1 out of 12 posts on the Helium poetry channel. I didn't win the contest, but I was happy anyway. My made-up from nowhere poem about Alaska is ranked number 1. I haven't read the other poems, so perhaps they are all worse or less relevant than mine, but I'm happier not knowing. I think this will suffice as a blog post. And of course, what you have been waiting for, a link to my poem about Alaska.
Hmm. Jokes on me I suppose. As I found the poem page to create the link I discovered that my poem is now number 2. Thanks a lot random ranking process at Helium! You have negated this post completely! Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment