Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blogger Has Been Bleeger of Late

Christal, I enjoyed your comment and crafted a response comment, but Blogger won't let me post it. Each time I click publish it takes me to the Google login page. So I sign in and it takes me back to the comment page, at which point I click publish and I am returned to the login page. After five rounds I gave up and decided to just post my comment here: "Reviving is like revolutionizing, so that makes this blog a literal success. As for our mutual friend, I know a lot of Tophers, so the identity remains unknown for me. I'll leave you with this "fairy tales, can come true, they can happen to you..." Only I'm not living a fairy tale, this is real life and it is so much better than a fairy tale! Can I get a Woot!? That's right."

If you aren't Christal then this is where the actual posting begins. It has been a while since my last post. I'm not Catholic, but I've seen enough TV to know that that statement sounds like a confession. It has been 11 days since my last blog post, please forgive me. I don't mean to make light of anyones religious practice, I hope my light heartedness isn't misinterpreted. It's just that the way I phrased it I had the imagery of a confession and so I commented on it. Perhaps now I actually have something to confess. Instead I will digress.

[Digressing]

It has been a while since I last posted, and it hasn't been for want of ideas. No, it certainly hasn't been for that. More likely is the fact that I haven't made time to do it. Not that I haven't had the time or anything like that, there is always time (yes, Jim Croce, there is always time...put that in a bottle and drink it!). It is more about how we manage and spend our time. Just like expenditure of money and energy. But not just like them, because you can run out of money and energy, and I suppose when you get down to the nitty and/or the gritty, you can run out of time as well. But I really don't think we run out of it as much as we think we do, as a society. It is a common excuse that people use to A) sound important, or B) excuse themselves from doing something they didn't want to do while sounding important. We all put such high stock in "being busy." What a waste of time.

I haven't been too busy to blog, but I have been busily engaged in worthwhile activities and goings on. My time has been well spent, even though it hasn't been spent on blogging. That being said, there have been several topics I have wanted to address. Some serious, some not. I will start with one that is not, as those are the most fun and easiest to type...usually. Perhaps in the near future I will make more time to blog and I will address one of the more serious or studious topics I have in mind. For now, it will be simple entertainment.

First of all is this: Saturday night found me calling Muffin Man and leaving a 2 minute, 44 second message on his voicemail (time is according to his Facebook wall posting, I wasn't counting, I don't know that he was either, it might be an estimate to illustrate the point of his post). In the voicemail I decided that he would henceforth be known as the Muffin Man Randy Savage, henceforth for at least the duration of that voicemail. Well, Sunday night found him replying to my voicemail in a text message saying that he liked the new name. Monday morning found me in conversation with someone at work whereupon it was discovered that Macho Man Randy Savage of professional wrestling super stardom had died in a motor vehicle accident over the weekend.

The very day I came up with the new nickname was the day that, unbeknownst to me, the source of the name died. Although I have not yet confirmed the hearsay that the man is dead. It might not be true, but it also might be. Here's the point of this story, today, Wednesday, I finally replied to that text message from Muffin Man and told him about the connection here and expressed my hope that this cooky correlation does not mean that he is destined to a life of mediocre pro wrestling fame. To which he replied that the man may have been a mediocre wrestler, but an outstanding beef jerky salesman. He's right... oh yeeaaaahhh!

I don't know if that story is worth telling. It has little or less than little intrinsic value. It was something for Muffin Man and me to discuss. The part of it that stands out to me isn't the new variation of the nickname, or the random connection between using the name on the day of the man's death - no, the stand out part is that this conversation took place over the course of 5 days without Muffin Man or me ever saying one word to each other in real time. It took 4 days for me to respond to his text message, to which he responded without missing a beat in our conversation. That's Pete Townsend.

So that's one thing that may or may not be entertaining. I'm smiling. I have another thing that will hopefully be more universal in the category of appeal. I even have a picture to go with it, if I can get it from my phone into this here post. It would appear that I am able.



This sign is posted on the community pool. My only commentary is "guh?" By the definition of trespassing, I don't think it is cosmically possible to trespass at an open pool. This sign simply doesn't make sense. When I read this sign I think 'even if the pool is open, you are still not welcome here and if you come in you will be trespassing.' But how does that make sense? It doesn't. So while I commented more than to say "guh," guh remains my only commentary on this sign.

Well, this concludes another successful blog post by your old buddy Ajax. I'd like to thank you all for making this possible. Tomorrow I begin working the night shift at my new job. My goal is to stay awake all night tonight and then sleep during the day tomorrow, thereby preparing myself to be awake for work tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes. It is currently 2330 hrs and I am tired. End.

No comments:

Post a Comment