Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Power of Music is a Curious Thing; Makes One Man Weep and Another Man Sing

I just performed at a talent show with a few friends. We played a song called Winter Winds by the British folk rock group Mumford and Sons. Muffin Man clued me into this group last week and I immediately wanted to play the song. My roommate and I were planning to play a song for the show, both of us on guitar and singing, but didn't have a song planned yet. I suggested Winter Winds and he agreed. We enlisted our neighbor who plays banjo to join in on the fun. My roommate sang, I played guitar and our neighbor played banjo. It was a lot of fun preparing and then performing the song. I love playing music. At the show was a girl I have dated and now we are not dating, that is the long and short of it, but really just the short of it. I haven't talked to her for a few weeks now, as in actual conversation. I missed her tonight when I saw her. One of my friends who also played a song tonight was singing one he just wrote and in the chorus he incorporates lines from popular love songs. He used "this magic moment" and that was one of those songs that had meaning so it made it even more difficult. What can I do though? It is finished and over so now I'm just going to play some more Mumford and Sons songs and then go to sleep. I'll forget about the longing by then. Please excuse my melodramatic post tonight. Sometimes you don't want to talk to people about something, but you want them to know you are feeling it. I think that is prevalent in a lot of songs, I think it really is in the songs I write. Apparently now it is that way in the blog posts I write. This has been a learning experience for all of us. Good Night! (Spell check, prevalent was wrong.)

No comments:

Post a Comment