Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Thursday, April 22, 2010

If I Tell a Joke in the Woods and No One is There to Hear It, Was it Funny?

The answer to the question posed in the title is yes. Whenever I tell a joke it is funny, duh. But this question begs another question, if I post something on this blog and no one reads it, did I actually post anything on the blog? This question isn't as easy to answer. What constitutes posting something? Me clicking the publish post button? Maybe, but if the internet were to evaporate over night and I was testifying in court that I had posted, it would be my word only to support my claim. As far as the world would be concerned, the post never happened. There would be no evidence. Now, I know what you are asking, "Haven't you read Munsterberg?!?!" Of course I have, I know the fallibility of human witness testimony, but even with an imperfect witness, two claims would still be better than one. I think the answer to the question is no; if I post something on this blog and no one ever reads it then I never posted it at all. Just something for you to think about.
I'm watching the Mets play the Cubs. It is getting a little dicey in the top of the 8th, Cubs batting. The Mets had a 4-1 lead coming into the inning, and they have given back one run since. Two outs and men on first and second currently. Santana started and threw a great game, only allowing the one run. I hope the bullpen doesn't blow it, Santana deserves a win. Strike out to end the half inning. Only three more outs, they got this.
Furthermore, now you know I like the Mets, or you may have been able to infer that, but I'll tell you now, I like the Mets. As I was saying, furthermore, now that you know I like the Mets, I'll also say that I like Glenn Beck. His show on Fox today was excellent. It is hard to believe some of the stuff that is going on in the government these days and is getting a free pass by the news media. I'm glad Beck is there to catch those things and bring them to light.
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment