Ajax Thinks

Ajax Thinks
by Muffin Man

Monday, April 30, 2012

Occupy May Day

          I will not begin to pretend like I know what the Occupy movement is all about. I think they are trying to show that the people, united, are still the controlling power in this country. It's either that or they can't afford to pay their cable bill anymore and they are getting bored at home. Maybe I'm being too generous. I don't know what their motives are, but I know they are asking me to not go to work, to not participate in my grad school class, to not clean my home, to not purchase anything, and to publicly demonstrate against capitalism. Well, I won't be doing any of that stuff for May 1st.

          I will be occupying my desk at work, because I need to get paid. The reason I need to get paid is that I need to occupy the kitchen cupboards with food for my family so that we can occupy our stomachs with sustenance.

          I hate the trend of our country right now, I think the government is out of control and out of touch, and a lot of the people in the country are right there with them. But I don't see how taking leave of our responsibilities to walk around a street with a sign is going to do anything. I guess we'll see tomorrow. If 99% of the country stays home or protests tomorrow and then everything changes on Wednesday, I guess I'll be surprised. My predictions for May 1st is a lot of people with greasy hair being sprayed with pepper spray and then arrested. Prove me wrong, occupiers, prove me wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment